Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ketchup Week


Everyone deserves a break, and this is a good time to reflect and catch up on any weeks you may have not finished in this challenge. We would like to encourage you to check out the following two videos.
The first video was created by commoncraft.com. It explains blogging in a really easy to understand format. It would also be a great video to use when introducing blogging to your students. Enjoy!



Thanks to Mrs. Gary for reminding us about Voki.com. According to their website, "Voki is a free service that allows you to create personalized speaking avatars and use them on your blog, profile, and in email messages." You can view two Voki avatars here-one on Mrs. Sprinkle's class blog and one on Mrs. Gary's class blog. We think Voki could be used as a strategy for student learning. Students or groups could create a Voki to demonstrate their knowledge of a class topic. What do you think?

The second video, created by young students, explains how to create a Voki and upload it to Blogger. If you are using Edublogs or Blogmeister, use the directions for uploading a widget. It works the same way.



If you are all caught up, consider creating a Voki for your class blog. We would also appreciate your ideas. Leave us a comment on how you think Voki could be used within your classroom.

Original image: Ketchup Up-close
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whartz/1913381734/
by: williamhartz

1 comment:

Amanda Martin said...

I just added a Voki to my blog and I get a kick out of it every time I log on! My Voki is just welcoming my students to the blog and wishing frequent returns, but I can see how it can be used as a teaching tool, or even reminders for blogging guidelines! Too bad my Voki couldn't be a substitute for when I am absent:)